Thursday, March 15, 2007

Homework Help for Students and Parents

I was introduced to wikispaces by a classmate in my Digital Media course and thought of the possibilities with this interactive webpage www.2ndgradehomeworkhelper.wikispaces.com. So I have started on the task of setting up a way for my students and parents to find help, advice, strategies, ideas, and recommendations. I have to figure out how I will know if someone has posted a question or comment that I need to respond to without going through all the links. Another step is to incorporate some of the websites I have found to be useful. In the writing section I'm thinking of having some story starters my students can use to extend their times they write past the school day. Then it's time to stockpile tips and strategies in each of the sections. Oh, and make sure they're organized and easy to use. I guess I have some work to do, but with the use it hopefully gets - well worthwhile.

No comments: