Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Flickr Celebration

Here's an example of what I did at my Flickr site. You're more than welcome to write about the prompt I've included.




There are celebrations for many reasons. This cake with lit candles all over it is how many people celebrate their birthday in the United States. Think of your favorite celebration and write about it. What makes that celebration your favorite? Be specific. Why did you pick this celebration out of all the possibilities? Remember to write in complete sentences - capitalization, punctuation, who or what and action. Include interesting, colorful words and descriptive words to make the writing come to life. Vary your sentences to make sure I'm not saying aye, aye, aye or wi, wi, wi all the home when I read your published piece. Think of the possible audience of thousands (okay, I'd be happy with a dozen) that may read your online authoring. Add those details, exmaples, thoughts, and feelings to make your writing one that people want to read again and again.

No comments: